From: Curtis Napier <curtis119@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: who renamed adsl-start to pppoe-start and why
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 16:19:51
1 Alin Nastac wrote:
2 > Philip Webb wrote:
3 >
4 >> It is debatable whether users whose systems are already working properly
5 >> should be expected to read sections of the Handbook
6 >> merely in order to accommodate a newly-introduced form of configuration
7 >> or whether some brief note in the emerge output or in GWN
8 >> would be a better way of alerting them to such changes,
9 >> but we all have other things to do today & I won't take it further.
13 > Well, I could bail out in pkg_setup if /etc/init.d/rp-pppoe script still
14 > exist. However, these kind of discussions shouldn't be here, but in bugzie.
15 > Btw, the change was made 9+ months ago:
16 > ...
17 > 21 Jun 2005; Alin Nastac <mrness@g.o> -files/rp-pppoe.rc,
18 > rp-pppoe-3.5-r11.ebuild:
19 > Remove the rp-pppoe init script. The new way of using rp-pppoe is through
20 > adsl net module of the baselayout-1.11.12-r4.
21 > ...
24 And that change was duly noted and acted upon by almost everyone. We had
25 several threads in the forums plus the einfo warnings. Most people made
26 the transition without any problems. Good work on the adsl mrness, it
27 works so much better than rp-pppoe now, thanks!
28
29 --curtis119