From: "Сергей" <protserovsd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev] Bug №504116, /etc/init.d/functions.sh
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 17:52:37
1 Thank you for your answer.
2 Actually, I do not understand the problems they are trying to solve
3 there (I am not a developer, just a user), but I believe they are more
4 important than "functions.sh" problem.
5 But I think it is possible to make "gentoo-functions" ebuild also copy
6 "functions.sh" to "/etc/init.d/" as a temporary workaround. I use
7 systemd (OpenRC and sysvinit removed, "gentoo-functions" installed
8 instead to provide "functions.sh") and I see no problem in creating
9 symlink from "/lib/gentoo/functions.sh" to "/etc/init.d/functions.sh".
10 But as it is an important action if you switch from OpenRC to Systemd,
11 I think it would be better to make it done by default, for example,
12 make "gentoo-functions" provide "/etc/init.d/functions.sh" as a
13 symlink from "/lib/gentoo/functions.sh", remove "functions.sh" from
14 OpenRC and make OpenRC depend on "gentoo-functions".
15 P.S. It would be also great if OpenRC was removed from "system" set,
16 instead "virtual/service-manager" should be placed there, as
17 "service-manager" depends on either OpenRC or Systemd.
18 Best regards.