From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] iuse defaults example
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 19:25:43
1 On Sunday 15 July 2007, Thomas de Grenier de Latour wrote:
2 > My point is just that it doesn't work that well with the USE_ORDER that
3 > have been chosen. Even keeping the "-* in make.conf" case appart
4 > (obviously my opinion on how it should behave was not widely shared, i
5 > can live with that), there is still a problem with -* in make.defaults
6 > files:
7
8 there are ways to make the USE=nocxx -> USE=cxx transition nice and i plan on
9 going that route
10
11 > the day you switch from IUSE="nocxx" to IUSE="+cxx", will you
12 > remember that, as a consequence, you have to fix hardened/2.6/minimal
13 > profile?
14
15 there is no "nocxx" reference anywhere in the profiles/ tree
16 -mike