From: Consus <consus@×××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Facilitating user contributed ebuilds (Was: [gentoo-dev] The future of the Sunrise project)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 19:54:39
1 On 09:55 Mon 13 Jun, Alexander Berntsen wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA512
4 >
5 > On 10/06/16 17:32, Ian Stakenvicius wrote:
6 > > On 10/06/16 03:53 AM, Alexander Berntsen wrote:
7 > >> ... Their repositories would likely be amalgamations of our
8 > >> curated and reviewed repositories ...
9 > > Could you elaborate on what you mean by this? When I read it, it
10 > > sounds like you're saying people will copy ebuilds/packages from
11 > > the core/reviewed repositories into their own, just to have them
12 > > to satisfy deps or whatever..
13 > I expect that at least80% of users will just use the standard set of
14 > repositories (defined by us), and never venture outside of them. The
15 > other 20% however might be more adventurous, and might end up
16 > contributing back ebuilds.
17
18 This is how overlays work right now. What are suggesting to change?