From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tentative x86 arch team glep
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 21:06:04
1 On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 15:53:07 -0500 Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | I'm still thinking about the concept of a "maint" option. This
4 | question I can answer, however. It's not unheard of for a package
5 | with a lot of dependencies to be marked stable when one of the
6 | dependencies has not yet been so marked. In that sort of
7 | tree-breaking case, the arch teams actually do know better, since
8 | they maintain ``arch`` systems (or chroots) for testing.
9
10 Anyone doing that needs to have their commit access revoked. repoman has
11 checked for this properly for about eighteen months now.
14 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
15 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
16 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm