From: Martin Ehmsen <ehmsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Future of tetex
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:09:54
1 Gabriel Lavoie wrote:
2 > Is app-text/texlive usable for now? I only have a basic tetex installation that
3 > I will need for my master grade at university and I would want to make the
4 > switch to texlive really fast! Maybe I can help?
5
6 No it is not usable right now, hence the mask :-)
7 The biggest problem (aside from some minor problems with the ebuild) is
8 figuring out how to provide a texmf tree. The texmf tree that ships with
9 the current ebuild is several 100 MB, which I think is too much.
10 I like some way to provide a light, medium and heavy texmf tree. The
11 problem is not making an ebuild but making the tree it self.
12 So if you feel like figuring out which tex packages should go into which
13 of the three trees then I would appreciate it very much! (remember that
14 there are also deps between the packages).
15
16 Martin Ehmsen
17 --
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list