From: Gabriel Lavoie <glavoie@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Future of tetex
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:19:19
1 I suppose for now that the best way to check the texmf tree dependencies is to
2 install TeX Live using the .iso file?
3
4 Gabriel
5
6 Martin Ehmsen a écrit :
7 > Gabriel Lavoie wrote:
8 >> Is app-text/texlive usable for now? I only have a basic tetex installation that
9 >> I will need for my master grade at university and I would want to make the
10 >> switch to texlive really fast! Maybe I can help?
11 >
12 > No it is not usable right now, hence the mask :-)
13 > The biggest problem (aside from some minor problems with the ebuild) is
14 > figuring out how to provide a texmf tree. The texmf tree that ships with
15 > the current ebuild is several 100 MB, which I think is too much.
16 > I like some way to provide a light, medium and heavy texmf tree. The
17 > problem is not making an ebuild but making the tree it self.
18 > So if you feel like figuring out which tex packages should go into which
19 > of the three trees then I would appreciate it very much! (remember that
20 > there are also deps between the packages).
21 >
22 > Martin Ehmsen
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list