From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] status of security improvments (GLEPs 57-61)
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 23:55:06
1 On 08/08/2013 04:47 AM, hasufell wrote:
2 > On 08/07/2013 09:55 PM, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
3 >> On Tue, Aug 06, 2013 at 10:32:39AM -0400, Alex Xu wrote:
4 >>> AFAIK, the status is "unimplemented, and nobody's working on it".
5 >> No, I did post implementation patches for much of it back when the GLEPs
6 >> were in process. The overwhelming message from other devs at the time
7 >> was that it should happen at the same time or shortly after the Git
8 >> migration, and that in the short-term, if you needed that security, you
9 >> should be using the signed portage snapshot tarballs.
12 > So the git migration IS actually a blocker?
13
14 No, there's many things that need to be done that are unrelated to the
15 VCS used. It's just chasing a white unicorn that has been just around
16 the next corner for the last .... err .... years
17 >
18 > Do we really expect it to happen? Should we wait? Why?
19 Orthogonal problems shouldn't be coupled
22 > I'd say let's push for it. I am willing to do a lot of testing.
23 >
24 Good plan. I hope I find some time to figure out a roadmap so we have an
25 idea what needs to be done - or someone else might just want to read
26 through some old threads and do the same.