From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] status of security improvments (GLEPs 57-61)
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 20:47:23
1 On 08/07/2013 09:55 PM, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > On Tue, Aug 06, 2013 at 10:32:39AM -0400, Alex Xu wrote:
3 >> AFAIK, the status is "unimplemented, and nobody's working on it".
4 > No, I did post implementation patches for much of it back when the GLEPs
5 > were in process. The overwhelming message from other devs at the time
6 > was that it should happen at the same time or shortly after the Git
7 > migration, and that in the short-term, if you needed that security, you
8 > should be using the signed portage snapshot tarballs.
11 So the git migration IS actually a blocker?
12
13 Do we really expect it to happen? Should we wait? Why?
14
15 I'd say let's push for it. I am willing to do a lot of testing.