From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal for advanced useflag-syntax
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 20:49:42
1 Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2 >> Opening an ebuild and reading it must be hard.
3 >
4 > Not what I asked. I'm talking about what an user can expect to get.
5 > You don't expect every user to look trough each ebuilt, seriously ?
6 >
7 > And, in case of Xorg, the individual needs may very deeply.
8 > Some applications need just Xlib, some Xaw, others maybe some
9 > extensions, etc.
10 >
11 > If you would put evrything in one monolithic package you would,
12 > in the end, need one useflag per library. Or you loose the ability
13 > to build the system for your special needs. Most times you'll get
14 > much, much stuff you won't ever need. Is this compatible with
15 > the gentoo philosphy ?
16
17 Please wake up. We have modular X.org now so just move along and b*tch
18 about anything else. If you really feel like this is the best thing you
19 can do for Gentoo development, please provide a procmail rule that kills
20 all your -dev mails along with relevant replies.
21
22 Cheers,
23 -jkt
26 cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth