From: Nick Jones <carpaski@××××××.net>
To: Stephan Feder <sf@×××××.de>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] package not put into world
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 14:29:33
1 > Maybe I am a bit dense, but if I "emerge -ubk anypackage", then
2
3 > 1. if anypackage is not yet emerged, then it is going to be emerged and
4 > put into world (ok so far)
5
6 Yep. Explicitly merged, so it gets added to world.
7
8 > 2. if anypackage is already emerged, then it is not going to be emerged
9 > (correct), but neither is it put into world (this I do not understand)
10
11 If it isn't merged, it isn't a candidate for world. If it isn't
12 explicitly merged, it won't be added. Not a bug as I see it. If
13 you care to make a contrary argument, I'll consider it.
14
15 > The only way I have found to add the package to world is to do it
16 > manually or re-emerge the package. Is there an alternative?
17
18 $EDITOR /var/cache/edb/world
19 echo "cat/package" >> /var/cache/edb/world
20 emerge package
21
22 --NJ
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list