From: Stephan Feder <sf@×××××.de>
To: Nick Jones <carpaski@××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] package not put into world
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 14:44:05
1 Nick Jones wrote:
2 ...
3 >
4 > > 2. if anypackage is already emerged, then it is not going to be emerged
5 > > (correct), but neither is it put into world (this I do not understand)
6 >
7 > If it isn't merged, it isn't a candidate for world. If it isn't
8 > explicitly merged, it won't be added. Not a bug as I see it. If
9 > you care to make a contrary argument, I'll consider it.
10
11 As a rule of least surprise, all packages listed on the command line
12 should be put into world, and all packages not listed are not.
13
14 Suppose I wanted to make sure that pkg1, pkg2, pkg3, pkg4, ..., pkg25
15 are emerged and put into world, without re-emerging, of course. Which
16 options do I have to put in "emerge ??? pkg1 pkg2 pkg3 pkg4 ... pkg25"
17 to achieve it?
18
19 ...
20 > > The only way I have found to add the package to world is to do it
21 > > manually or re-emerge the package. Is there an alternative?
22 >
23 > $EDITOR /var/cache/edb/world
24 > echo "cat/package" >> /var/cache/edb/world
25 > emerge package
26
27 Sorry, but this (doing it manually or re-emerging) is exactly what I am
28 trying to find an alternative for.
29
30 Regards,
31 Stephan