From: Jason Wever <weeve@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tentative x86 arch team glep
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 21:37:51
1 On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 15:43:11 -0500
2 Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I agree that the arch teams shouldn't be marking packages stable in
5 > advance of when the the maintainer thinks it's ready. At the same
6 > time, it's the respective arch teams, as "owners" of their entire
7 > stable tree, who (in my opinion) should have the final "okay" on a
8 > package going stable, since they're the ones with experience of the
9 > entire stable tree. Does that make a bit more sense?
10
11 For the most part, this makes sense, However we do have times where a
12 particular arch team may need to stabilize a package sooner in the case
13 where earlier versions are broken.
14
15 This is not entirely uncommon to see packages that used to compile with
16 stable keywords no longer compile after a period of time.
17
18 Cheers,
19 --
20 Jason Wever