From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tentative x86 arch team glep
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 20:48:22
1 Vapier wrote: [Sun Sep 04 2005, 01:00:41PM CDT]
2 > this isnt quite true ... non-x86 archs usually take their queues for
3 > when packages should be moved to stable from the maintainer of the
4 > package
5
6 Perfectly reasonable.
7
8 > in other words, arch teams generally defer to maintainers (and rightly
9 > so) as to when newer versions should go stable
10
11 I agree that the arch teams shouldn't be marking packages stable in
12 advance of when the the maintainer thinks it's ready. At the same time,
13 it's the respective arch teams, as "owners" of their entire stable tree,
14 who (in my opinion) should have the final "okay" on a package going
15 stable, since they're the ones with experience of the entire stable
16 tree. Does that make a bit more sense?
17
18 -g2boojum-
19 --
20 Grant Goodyear
21 Gentoo Developer
22 g2boojum@g.o
23 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
24 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76