From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Package file name requirement for binary ebuilds
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 04:38:29
1 William L. Thomson Jr. posted on Sun, 16 Oct 2016 18:30:44 -0400 as
2 excerpted:
3
4 > Then how would you test that against non official? You cannot install
5 > the same package twice at the same time with different USE flags. You
6 > can't even make binaries easily of the same package with different USE
7 > flags. The previous binary will get overwritten.
8
9 AFAIK, with current portage now you can have multiple binaries of the
10 same package, with different USE flags or built with different CFLAGS or
11 whatever, tho the feature's off by default.
12
13 It's not my use-case so I've not followed the details, but AFAIK it's now
14 an actual supported option. =:^)
19 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman