From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Package file name requirement for binary ebuilds
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 05:36:48
1 On Monday, October 17, 2016 4:37:50 AM EDT Duncan wrote:
2 > William L. Thomson Jr. posted on Sun, 16 Oct 2016 18:30:44 -0400 as
3 >
4 > excerpted:
5 > > Then how would you test that against non official? You cannot install
6 > > the same package twice at the same time with different USE flags. You
7 > > can't even make binaries easily of the same package with different USE
8 > > flags. The previous binary will get overwritten.
9 >
10 > AFAIK, with current portage now you can have multiple binaries of the
11 > same package, with different USE flags or built with different CFLAGS or
12 > whatever, tho the feature's off by default.
13
14 Very nice, any chance that also includes generated binaries?
15
16 I make binaries for other systems to merge allot (binpkg). It sucks to have
17 them clobbered with different USE flags. I always wanted to be able to keep the
18 various binaries with different USE flags. Like some systems are hardened
19 others not, so recompile gcc vs having 2.
20
21 Not sure if that is a step in that direction, but it is a cool feature just
22 the same. Allows for further testing.
25 William L. Thomson Jr.