From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: emerge suggestions
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 13:09:21
1 On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 20:03, Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > To complex and still wont account for various USE= & FEATURES= flags,
3 > gcc versions and loads on said server that's building XYZ. It's
4 > therefore sorta a waste of all of our time and bandwidth to continue
5 > this thread when we already know we are going to all come to the same
6 > conclusion in the end that said functionality will never be accurate.
7
8 I don't think the point was ever to be accurate, but to give a rough
9 idea. If OpenOffice.org is 1047 bash units, and bash takes 1.0 minutes
10 on your machine, then you know *about* how long OpenOffice.org will take
11 to compile. I don't think anyone is concerned with exact numbers so
12 much as ballpark figures to give them a reasonable estimate of needed
13 time.
16 Chris Gianelloni
17 Release Engineering - Operations/QA Manager
18 Games - Developer
19 Gentoo Linux
20
21 Is your power animal a penguin?