From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Luke-Jr <luke-jr@g.o>
Cc: Yuri Enshin <kot@××××××××××××××.ru>, Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] reason for dhcpcd in system profile ?
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 04:24:01
1 On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 04:18, Luke-Jr wrote:
2 > >
3 > > > If rsync is in system, it probably should be removed. Portage could quite
4 > > > easilly just install it when the user tries to sync if need be.
5 > >
6 > > So we devs are going to start moaning because we have rsync installed ?
7 > I doubt anyone is going to whine because they have something they don't need
8 > installed. The reason to whine is because it's installed *by default*. rsync
9 > is really cool, but it doesn't really have any reason for being installed
10 > before the user wants it.
11
12 So it is not used anymore to fetch the portage tree when a user
13 'emerge sync' ?
18 Martin Schlemmer
19 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
20 Cape Town, South Africa