From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bash-completion eclass and USE flag
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 13:19:22
1 On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 00:11:35 -0400 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | On Saturday 23 October 2004 11:55 pm, Aaron Walker wrote:
4 | > Currently bash-completion files are installed into
5 | > /usr/share/bash-completion regardless of whether or not the user
6 | > wants them.
7 |
8 | any reason we cant develop a package of bash-completion extras ?
9 | then, if the user wants all these zany extras, they just `emerge
10 | bash-completion-extras` ?-mike
11
12 Yup. Each bash-completion file in use makes bash a bit slower to start
13 up. If we installed and activated several hundred bash-completion files
14 it'd get pretty painful. Hence the whole bash-completion-config thing...
17 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, Sparc, Mips)
18 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
19 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm