From: Alin Nastac <mrness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Please follow keywording policy
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 17:40:53
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2
3 >On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 09:38 +0200, Alin Nastac wrote:
6 >>I think the reason people drop arches is laziness of some arch herds.
7 >>C'mon people, how hard can it be to see if it builds right on your arch?
11 >What arch do you use? Maybe we should trade in your box for a nice
12 >sparc32 or mips box and see what you have to say then. Remember that in
13 >many of these arches, all the machines are still measured in Megahertz
14 >and not Gigahertz, and they are quite old.
15 >
16 >The arch teams are doing their jobs quite well, don't try to push blame
17 >onto them. They shouldn't go around marking something stable just
18 >because it builds and should test it. If they have no way of testing
19 >it, then they don't need to stabilize it. It won't kill you to have a
20 >single older ebuild in the tree for an arch. Either that, or you can
21 >remove the keywords, as Jason mentioned, and file a bug against the
22 >package to the mips team so they are aware that keywords have been
23 >dropped from the package and that it will need testing to be
24 >re-keyworded. Looking over that bug, it really looks like you flipped
25 >out over nothing. It took them a week to respond. That isn't very
26 >long, at all.
29 Hmm.. it looks like I've overreacted. I was convinced that my request
30 have been ignored for one month.
31 My apologies to mips team and all...