From: "Róbert Čerňanský" <openhs@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Things one could be upset about
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 05:51:14
1 On Mon, 19 Jan 2015 20:51:31 +0000
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, 19 Jan 2015 21:44:25 +0100
5 > Róbert Èeròanský <openhs@×××××××××.com> wrote:
6 > > From my point of view it would do much help if portage resolves USE
7 > > dependencies automatically instead of telling the user to change USE
8 > > flags manually (I am talking about bug #258371).
9 >
10 > This is only possible in carefully selected circumstances, and to get
11 > it to work more generally would require a lot of hinting from package
12 > maintainers.
13
14 But portage already knows that. It tells the user which USE flags
15 needs to be changed in order to emerge a package. It should just go
16 one step further - to make the proposed change happen by itself.
17
18 Robert
22 Róbert Èeròanský
23 E-mail: openhs@×××××××××.com