From: Rafael Cordones Marcos <rcm@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: Pablo Pita Leira <pablo.leira@×××××××××.com>, Bob Miller <kbob@××××××××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Improving Portage Watch script
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 17:57:05
1 Hi,
2
3 I want to improve the current script that generates the Portage Watch section
4 in GWN. The two problems I am focusing right now are:
5
6 1.- Listing the USE variables that were added or removed since a given date.
7
8 I have been looking around Portage but I cannot find any ChangeLog where I can
9 get this info. A /usr/portage/profiles/use.desc ChangeLog would be perfect!
10
11 2.- Differentiating between updated packages and new packages
12
13 For this I think I can manage by looking at the last entry of the ChangeLog
14 file and extracting the date from it. Example:
15 /usr/portage/app-cdr/k3b/ChangeLog
16
17 <file-contents>
18 [...]
19 *k3b-0.5.1 (1 Feb 2002)
20
21 1 Feb 2002; G.Bevin <gbevin@g.o> ChangeLog :
22
23 [...]
24 </file-contents>
25
26 One more thing, are ChangeLog files in packages automagically generated from
27 CVS or are they hand-edited by developers? If they are hand edited then I am
28 going to find errors in the format. I mean that humans commit errors and, for
29 instance, some dev can forget to write the "*" at the begining of a ChangeLog
30 entry!
31
32 Thanks for your time!
33
34 /Rafa
37 Rafael Cordones Marcos
38 rcm@×××××××.net
39 http://www.sasaska.net
40
41 "La diferencia entre una democracia y una dictadura
42 consiste en que en la democracia puedes votar antes
43 de obedecer las ordenes." -- Bukowski, C.
47 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list