From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: sys-pam category
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 17:52:40
1 Solar,
2 I realize you meant this as a general statement of opinion and not a
3 flame-baiter, but can you elaborate on:
4
5 On Sunday 05 June 2005 11:37, Ned Ludd wrote:
6 > Invalidates binary package trees.
7
8 My (wrong?) understanding was that this is addressed when portage runs a
9 fixpackages (otherwise what's it doing to all those binary packages?). I ask
10 because its no secret that I'm working on a split up of dev-perl from the
11 500+ packages to a better organized, reasonable scenario where packages are
12 categorized based on, well, category :) rather than on the fact that they
13 "contain some perl bits or module bits, stuff them in dev-perl".
14
15 Just curious, it's not my intent to hurt anyone's trees along the way :)
16
17 -mike
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list