From: sf <sf@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Proposal: sys-pam category
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 14:12:00
1 Michael Cummings wrote:
2 > Solar,
3 > I realize you meant this as a general statement of opinion and not a
4 > flame-baiter, but can you elaborate on:
5 >
6 > On Sunday 05 June 2005 11:37, Ned Ludd wrote:
7 >> Invalidates binary package trees.
8 >
9 > My (wrong?) understanding was that this is addressed when portage runs a
10 > fixpackages (otherwise what's it doing to all those binary packages?). I ask
11 ...
12
13 I always thought it was known that fixpackages is a non-working kludge;
14 my portage tree/binary packages get messed up with almost every package
15 move, rename etc.
16
17 If fixpackages is supposed to be working who should I assign my soon to
18 be regular, estimated twice-weekly bug reports to?
19
20 Regards
21 Stephan
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list