From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] lastpipe
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 22:38:04
On Fri, 25 May 2012 15:02:32 -0500
Dan Douglas <ormaaj@×××××.com> wrote:
> If it were made a policy now that ebuilds and eclasses cannot depend > upon the subshell (for example, to set temporary positional > parameters or isolate temporary variables), then maybe someday in the > distant future this could be made the default, and in the meantime, > an option for those with new enough shells. Since dependence on the > subshell isn't very common, I think this should be feasible, and of > course as a workaround all that's required is to wrap any such > commands in parentheses.
We'll be able to turn that on in a controlled way in EAPI 6. Having said that, if we're reaching the point where speed of bash code is at all relevant, then ebuilds are doing something wrong... -- Ciaran McCreesh

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] lastpipe Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-dev] lastpipe Dan Douglas <ormaaj@×××××.com>