From: Ed Heron <Ed@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge: specifying an alternate portage tree
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 11:56:38
1 Well, when I grep for portage in make.globals, I see PORTDIR=/usr/portage.
2 This implies that it is a settable parameter. You could set PORTDIR in any
3 on the three config files, or theoretically in your environment. So, you
4 could put it in make.conf. Of course, you could make /usr/portage a symlink
5 to another place and swap your symlinks when you want to use a particular
6 tree.
7
8 ----- Original Message -----
9 From: "Ryan Shaw" <ryan.shaw@××××××××××××××.org>
10 To: <gentoo-dev@g.o>
11 Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2002 12:36 AM
12 Subject: [gentoo-dev] emerge: specifying an alternate portage tree
15 > is there a way to tell emerge to use an alternate
16 > portage tree?
17 >
18 > the reason i ask is that when i am working on
19 > ebuilds i like to keep them out of my real portage
20 > tree while i am working on them. i can use ebuild
21 > to test them out, but when i've got builds with
22 > interdependencies i'd like to do some testruns
23 > with emerge without having to put the builds in
24 > my real portage tree.
25 >
26 > ryan
28 > gentoo-dev mailing list