From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>, PR team <pr@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: news item: nfsmount renamed nfsclient
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 13:00:08
1 On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 7:57 PM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 5:22 PM, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> this is covered in the nfs-utils-1.3.1-r1 ebuild by ewarns; however, qa
5 >> asked me to write a news item as well, so here it is.
8 > There was a similar change in the systemd units (also mentioned in the
9 > ewarns). It might make sense to add this to the news item as well.
10 > nfs-client is likely to be automatically handled by systemd when it
11 > detects an nfs mount, but nfs-server and rpcbind need to be manually
12 > enabled if you're running a server (that is from memory). If you need
13 > me to do some confirmation on what is needed let me know.
16 Suggested changes attached. Some notes:
17
18 1. Changed title to remove the specifics, since there are several
19 renames when you include systemd
20 2. Removed the Display-if-Installed for openrc. Since the headers
21 are combined with OR as defined in the GLEP adding openrc without a
22 version restriction makes filtering on nfs-utils pointless. Everybody
23 is going to have openrc installed anyway until we fix the functions.sh
24 issue. But, if we do keep openrc then we should add systemd to the
25 list.
26 3. Fixed the revision number.
27 4. Added a systemd paragraph, and tweaked the others just slightly to
28 make it clear what applies to which.
31 Rich

2015-02-02-nfsmount-renamed-nfsclient.en.txt text/plain