From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: licenses@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] License for Google Chrome
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 18:00:43
1 On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 8:27 AM, Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 2011.08.26 23:06, Mike Gilbert wrote:
3 >> I have been maintaining an ebuild for Google Chrome in an overlay. It
4 >> basically extracts a deb file to /opt. This serves as an easy
5 >> alternative for people who do not have the patience to compile
6 >> Chromium.
7 >>
8 >> Now that I have developer access, I would like to move this to the
9 >> tree. Before doing so, I need some advice on how to deal with the
10 >> EULA[1].
11 >>
12 >> I think clause 2.2 (B) allows me to avoid a fetch restriction.
13 >>
14 >> I think clause 5.3 prohibits mirroring.
15 >>
16 >> Do I need to worry about anything else here?
17 >>
18 >> [1] http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/eula_text.html
22 > Mike,
23 >
24 > You will need to add the licence to the tree as its a EULA.
25 > The package will need to be masked by the licence.
26 >
27 > If Google provide a click through licence agreement, complying with
28 > clause 2 is out of our hands. If not, licence masking should ensure
29 > that users read the licence before they install and subsequently use
30 > the package.
33 Thanks for the info from everyone. I have added the license to the
34 tree and EULA group and will add the ebuild with RESTRICT=mirror later
35 this weekend.