From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs due to retirement
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2017 09:55:14
1 On Sun, 1 Jan 2017 10:42:51 +0100
2 Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 01/01/2017 00:00, James Le Cuirot wrote:
5 > > On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 22:54:28 +0100
6 > > Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o> wrote:
7 > >
8 > >> I will retire
9 > >
10 > > Sorry to hear that. :(
11 > >
12 > >> app-text/tesseract
13 > >
14 > > I maintain media-libs/leptonica, which is primarily in the tree because
15 > > of Tesseract. I don't use Tesseract myself though and it's not a
16 > > trivial package to maintain so I'd rather someone else picked it up.
17 > > Surely one of you does some OCR? This is the best free software OCR
18 > > project around.
19 >
20 > I started maintaining tesseract because I use
21 >
22 > app-text/pdfsandwich
23 >
24 > Maybe takers also want to look at this. It's very little work (but it
25 > depends on ocaml).
26
27 Just want to add that if it sounds like I'm being lazy, I don't
28 actually use Leptonica either! I only maintain it because I've
29 developed a close relation with upstream over the years that stemmed
30 from trying to get (the now defunct) Audiveris to work.
31
32 > >> www-apps/tt-rss
33 > >
34 > > I'll take this one. I use it every day.
35 >
36 > Very good. Note that this has a rolling release model upstream.
37 > The master branch is considered stable. I used to make a tarball
38 > from this every 3 or 4 months and host them on my devspace.
39 > Please also change the SRC_URI for the current ebuilds, as my
40 > devspace will go offline eventually.
41
42 Yeah, I did notice that. Upstream does still make the odd tag even
43 since he announced it's now rolling but I guess I shouldn't wait for
44 those to appear. No need to host it on devspace though.
45
46 https://tt-rss.org/gitlab/fox/tt-rss/repository/archive.tar.gz?ref=832aa24943f6b65a811dc6c7414dede412ab1ec6
49 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
50 Gentoo Linux Developer