From: Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs due to retirement
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2017 09:43:08
1 On 01/01/2017 00:00, James Le Cuirot wrote:
2 > On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 22:54:28 +0100
3 > Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> I will retire
6 >
7 > Sorry to hear that. :(
8 >
9 >> app-text/tesseract
10 >
11 > I maintain media-libs/leptonica, which is primarily in the tree because
12 > of Tesseract. I don't use Tesseract myself though and it's not a
13 > trivial package to maintain so I'd rather someone else picked it up.
14 > Surely one of you does some OCR? This is the best free software OCR
15 > project around.
16
17 I started maintaining tesseract because I use
18
19 app-text/pdfsandwich
20
21 Maybe takers also want to look at this. It's very little work (but it
22 depends on ocaml).
23
24 >> www-apps/tt-rss
25 >
26 > I'll take this one. I use it every day.
27
28 Very good. Note that this has a rolling release model upstream.
29 The master branch is considered stable. I used to make a tarball
30 from this every 3 or 4 months and host them on my devspace.
31 Please also change the SRC_URI for the current ebuilds, as my
32 devspace will go offline eventually.
33
34 Cheers,
35 Thomas