From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [Future EAPI] src_fetch() phase function to support VCS fetching
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 09:10:37
1 >>>>> On Wed, 5 Sep 2012, Micha³ Górny wrote:
2
3 > And yes, it is *very* unlikely that someone uses a slotted live
4 > ebuild with two branches being meaningful and managed in the same
5 > repo.
6
7 We do that all the time for app-editors/emacs-vcs. For example, we
8 used to have live ebuilds for the trunk and for the emacs-24 branch,
9 sharing a common repository.
10
11 > Even if such thing exists, it is broken anyway because you can't say
12 > that re-fetching the branches back and forth is a correct solution.
13 > And it breaks existing tools anyway.
14
15 I haven't notice any breakage with it.
16
17 Ulrich