From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, bugzilla@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] bugs.g.o: Killing VERIFIED state, possibly introducing STABILIZED
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 13:53:15
1 On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 15:14:44 +0200
2 Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 06/16/2016 03:02 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
5 > > Hello, everyone.
11 > > What I'd like to introduce instead is a new STABILIZED state. It would
12 > > -- like VERIFIED now -- be only available for bugs already RESOLVED,
13 > > and it could be used to signify that the fix has made it into stable.
14 > >
15 > > While this wouldn't be really obligatory, it would be meaningful for
16 > > trackers that need to ensure that fixes in packages have made it to
17 > > stable -- like the functions.sh use tracker.
20 > The description of InVCS keyword in bugzilla is:
21 > InVCS Fix has been added to a VCS(either CVS, SVN, Git, ...)
22 > repository. Will be closed when fixes are applied to a stable level package.
23 >
24 > A bug isn't resolved until it is fixed in a stable package (for packages
25 > ever in stable to begin with), but InVCS keyword can be used by
26 > developers to filter out the bugs for issues to work with. I oppose a
27 > change to that behavior, although I would like to see it being used more
28 > consistently as it seems quite a few developers are neglecting the
29 > stable tree.
30
31 How would that work for Portage? There 'InVCS' indicates that the fix
32 has landed in git (i.e. in -9999, not yet released).
35 Best regards,
36 Michał Górny
37 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>