From: Miguel S Filipe <m3thos@×××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] About Sun Java 2 SDK 1.4.1, and ways to get it in portage
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 22:50:04
1 I've heard that the problem with Sun's java was the plugin for mozilla,
2 that didn't worked because it's not compiled with gcc3.2
3
4 But isn't there a way to recompile the j2sdk with gcc3.2 so I can
5 Install it without any problems with.. (don't the sdk supply the source
6 code ??
7 I'm saying this because that's what the Sun guys say about a possible
8 solution in:
9 http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4689085.html
10
11 also, why don't just do not install the java plugin for mozilla but
12 install the rest of the sun's SDK,
13
14 For me it really makes a big diference between the several java jre and
15 sdk's ... and I really need java to
16 work.. Eclipse isn't even working properly with blackdown java sdk
17 installed, and this java is SLOW....
18
19 also, since Java 2 SDK 1.4.1 is out for a few days.. would it be
20 possible to add a ebuild to the portage tree.. even if masked...
23 TIA
24
25 Miguel Sousa Filipe