From: Alan <alan@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] PAM appears B0rked
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 17:12:36
1 On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 11:49:46PM +0200, Spider wrote:
2 > begin quote
3 > On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 15:37:13 -0500
4 > "Matthew J. Turk" <satai@g.o> wrote:
5 >
6 > > * Tom Syroid <tom@×××××××××××.com> [021021 11:02]:
7 > > > Devs,
8 > > >
9 > > > I did the ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" this morning and proceeded to
10 > > > emerge the long list of updates available. But what appears to be a
11 > > > lib error in PAM (sorry, not a programmer) is holding up the works.
12 > > > Is this just me, or has anyone else experienced the same?
13 > > >
14 > >
15 > > emerge unmerge glib
16 > > emerge -u pam
19 > actually, go for emerge \<glib-2 instead. safer and you wont break the
20 > new glib-2 dependant apps by removing the wrong things.
24 > And I've had this problems where glib-1.2 is installed (as the reporter
25 > has, checking from versions in the log) which would mean that somehow
26 > the glib-1.2 install has been flawed.
27
28 Not to ask silly questions, but wouldn't unmerging glib 1.2.x break
29 almost all gtk1 apps (and unmerging 2.* break all the gtk2 apps?)
30
31 alan
35 Alan "Arcterex" <alan@×××××.org> -=][=- http://arcterex.net
36 "I used to herd dairy cows. Now I herd lusers. Apart from the isolation, I
37 think I preferred the cows. They were better conversation, easier to milk, and
38 if they annoyed me enough, I could shoot them and eat them." -Rodger Donaldson