From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] PAM appears B0rked
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:50:06
1 begin quote
2 On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 15:37:13 -0500
3 "Matthew J. Turk" <satai@g.o> wrote:
4
5 > * Tom Syroid <tom@×××××××××××.com> [021021 11:02]:
6 > > Devs,
7 > >
8 > > I did the ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" this morning and proceeded to
9 > > emerge the long list of updates available. But what appears to be a
10 > > lib error in PAM (sorry, not a programmer) is holding up the works.
11 > > Is this just me, or has anyone else experienced the same?
14 > emerge unmerge glib
15 > emerge -u pam
18 actually, go for emerge \<glib-2 instead. safer and you wont break the
19 new glib-2 dependant apps by removing the wrong things.
23 And I've had this problems where glib-1.2 is installed (as the reporter
24 has, checking from versions in the log) which would mean that somehow
25 the glib-1.2 install has been flawed.
26
27 //Spider
30 begin .signature
31 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
33 end