From: Tom Syroid <tom@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] PAM appears B0rked RESOLVED
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 17:15:57
1 Thanks to Spider, Matthew, and Tom...
2
3 glib-1.2.x was the problem all right. I also re-emerged readline, python,
4 libtools, and a bunch of other ancillary stuff in my quest for a solution,
5 but it seems glib was the main culprit. Problem is, I didn't know where to
6 find it to do a re-emerge. emerge -s glib didn't list it. I now know it's
7 under sys-devel, but it took some poking and proding to discover this. Once
8 I found it, I simply re-emerged (didn't unmerge anything first).
9
10 I still have a problem with OpenSSH 3.5 -- the config phase is looking for
11 "libwrap". Odd. Don't recall ever having a problem building OpenSSH in the
12 past... Oh well, not terribly concerned. Everything else looks "right
13 fine". KDE 3.1 (CVS), all new system tools, and a partridge in a pear tree
14 ;-)
15
16 Anyone know off the top of their head where I can find libwrap?
17
18 Best,
19 /tom
22 > actually, go for emerge \<glib-2 instead. safer and you wont break the
23 > new glib-2 dependant apps by removing the wrong things.
27 > And I've had this problems where glib-1.2 is installed (as the reporter
28 > has, checking from versions in the log) which would mean that somehow
29 > the glib-1.2 install has been flawed.
30 >
31 > //Spider