From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: moving default location of portage tree
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 05:21:34
1 [Please fix your mailer. Your message has a broken "References" header.]
2
3 >>>>> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018, Richard Yao wrote:
4
5 > This does not answer my question. Is it really a FHS violation? The
6 > contents of /usr changes when doing updates using the system package
7 > manager. When not doing updates, it really is readonly and the FHS
8 > says that /usr is for readonly things. I do not see how it is
9 > different from anything else in /usr.
10
11 What about a system that is building binpkgs? Or an rsync mirror?
12
13 Ulrich