From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GNOME migrating from GConf to GSettings; effects on Gentoo?
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 03:26:30
1 On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 11:17:35PM -0400, Alexandre Rostovtsev wrote
2
3 > It impacts users who use stable keywords and are therefore stuck with
4 > GNOME-2.32. The workaround is for affected users to switch to ~arch
5 > keywords (note that GNOME-3.x ebuilds in ~arch get vastly more care and
6 > attention from us than the theoretically stable GNOME-2.32).
7 >
8 > And the real solution is to finally stabilize some release of GNOME-3.x
9
10 Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that stable was that far
11 behind. Now to see how much I have to keyword.
14 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
15 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications