From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: "Tomáš Chvátal" <tomas.chvatal@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Changes in libreoffice ebuild
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 15:46:05
1 On 08/13/2013 04:10 PM, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
2 > As per my comment in bugzilla [1] I said that the patch should be
3 > submitted upstream prior having it in cvs.
4 >
5 > Yet you decided to completely ignore my statement and just smash in the
6 > patch anyway [2].
7 >
8 > Please don't do this ever again. We had shitload of distro patches
9 > before and it is hell to strip away later on.
10
11 I left the bug open so it doesn't get forgotten. It'll not take you more
12 time to handle that bug ...
15 > For your statement of lacking documentation, when I google gerrit
16 > libreoffice first two links lead directly to the instance and 3rd to
17 > wiki [3], which no suprise is guide how to set it up and submit request,
18 > so stop lying.
19
20 I have no interest in spending some hours to figure out an arcane
21 interface that doesn't work by default. Since you already know how it
22 works it's a more efficient use of your two minutes than wasting hours
23 listening to my frustrated ranting
24
25 > As you like to ignore maintainer requests I now expect you to submit it
26 > to the gerit, since now you have the guide and you can proceed without
27 > an issue right?
28 >
29 > Note that I have nothing against other devs submitting fixes to ebuilds
30 > maintained by me, but directly ignoring what I said on a bug and doing
31 > whatever you see fit does not match that at all.
32
33 Then don't leave such simple bugs open for a long time. It was broken,
34 now it builds again: User experience has been improved.
35
36 Your work for further triaging this bug has not been affected.
37
38 Everyone profits.