From: justin <jlec@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Please review fortran-2.eclass next round
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 06:07:04
1 Thanks again Mike for an extended review. Some replies on your comments
2 everything else is directly excepted.
3
4 On 17/06/11 05:03, Mike Frysinger wrote:
5 >> # @ECLASS: fortran-2.eclass
6 >
7 > i dont see fortran.eclass. what's with the "-2" ?
8
9 There was a fortran eclass, which did completely different things. In
10 order to not break an ancient package (outside the tree) I decided to
11 go to the new name, which also underlines the new functionality.
12
13 >> DEPEND="virtual/fortran"
14 >> RDEPEND="${DEPEND}"
15 >
16 > i'm not sure that RDEPEND is correct. do all fortran compilers additionally
17 > require the fortran compiler to be available at runtime ?
18
19 I will evaluate this and fix it accordingly. But I see difficulties, if
20 it is mixed. Best would be to fix that in virtual/fortran
23 >> # internal function
24 >
25 > use the @INTERNAL tag and proper eclass documentation
26
27 I wasn't aware of that. We are lacking any documentation about the
28 proper documentation for manpages in all eclass writing guides.
29
30 >> (( ${ret} )) || break
31 >
32 > a little odd syntax, but i guess it works ...
35 I don't know any other way how I can jump out of the loop. The complete
36 things simulates the autoconf behavior.
39 > although i wonder why you're not using tc-getF77 ...
40
41 Because tc-getF77 is only different to tc-getFC if F77 is set. And this
42 is tested for before.
45 >> ewarn "The support for EAPI=${EAPI} by the fortran-2.eclass"
46 >
47 > why ? it's causing you no real trouble to do so
50 The suggestion was to only support EAPI=4. I don't like this completely
51 as all fortran packages should directly use the eclass in order to make
52 it smooth for users. The delay should give some time to come up with
53 stable versions for all fortran packages at EAPI=4, but allow the use in
54 every ebuild right away.
57 > -mike
58
59 Thank you very much,