From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Please review fortran-2.eclass next round
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 06:31:58
1 On Friday, June 17, 2011 02:05:59 justin wrote:
2 > On 17/06/11 05:03, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > >> # @ECLASS: fortran-2.eclass
4 > >
5 > > i dont see fortran.eclass. what's with the "-2" ?
6 >
7 > There was a fortran eclass, which did completely different things. In
8 > order to not break an ancient package (outside the tree) I decided to
9 > go to the new name, which also underlines the new functionality.
10
11 thanks; makes sense
12
13 > >> # internal function
14 > >
15 > > use the @INTERNAL tag and proper eclass documentation
16 >
17 > I wasn't aware of that. We are lacking any documentation about the
18 > proper documentation for manpages in all eclass writing guides.
19
20 the syntax is fully documented in the utility that generates it. see the awk
21 in the eclass-manpages filesdir.
22
23 > >> (( ${ret} )) || break
24 > >
25 > > a little odd syntax, but i guess it works ...
26 >
27 > I don't know any other way how I can jump out of the loop. The complete
28 > things simulates the autoconf behavior.
29
30 i just meant using "(( ${ret} ))" rather than "[[ ${ret} -eq 0 ]]"
31
32 > >> ewarn "The support for EAPI=${EAPI} by the fortran-2.eclass"
33 > >
34 > > why ? it's causing you no real trouble to do so
35 >
36 > The suggestion was to only support EAPI=4. I don't like this completely
37 > as all fortran packages should directly use the eclass in order to make
38 > it smooth for users. The delay should give some time to come up with
39 > stable versions for all fortran packages at EAPI=4, but allow the use in
40 > every ebuild right away.
41
42 if you want to keep older EAPI support, and/or it's trivial to do so, then
43 you're free to disagree with the suggestion and keep support. you are the
44 maintainer of this after all.
45 -mike