From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: dilfridge@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New, shiny EAPI=5 profiles: volunteer, procedure, preparations
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 07:09:36
1 On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 00:26:38 +0100
2 "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Just to keep everyone updated, ...
5 >
6 > > FYI, the new 13.0 profiles are now all available in profiles.desc, for now
7 > > all with status "dev" (i.e. repoman includes them only when you request
8 > > developer profile checking).
9 > >
10 > > This means the procedure below is complete up to and including point 5)
11 > > now.
12 > >
13 > > Please consider changing your profile symlink manually and testing the new
14 > > profile tree. In case of problems, please file a bug and assign it to me
15 > > (or tell me if I'm around).
16 > >
17 > > If all goes well, we'll continue in a week.
20 > A small bug in repoman turned up when testing the EAPI=5 profiles, and
21 > therefore we will wait for the next stable portage version before the 10.0
22 > profiles are deprecated. So, another 3-4 weeks to go maybe.
23 >
24 > [The only alternative would be to require all devs to run at least ~arch
25 > portage, since the bug only affects repoman, not emerge.]
26
27 To be honest, I don't think this is really a blocker to deprecating
28 the old profiles, unless you're talking about other bug than the one I
29 filed.
30
31 That bug just caused repoman to error about unstable dependencies when
32 flags were stable-masked. This just means that developers with old
33 repoman won't be able to commit stable ebuilds using stable-masked
34 flags. Note that using the old profiles workarounds the issue through
35 having those flags completely masked and therefore devs having no
36 repoman checks on their dependencies at all...
39 Best regards,
40 Michał Górny