From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New, shiny EAPI=5 profiles: volunteer, procedure, preparations
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 23:27:03
1 Just to keep everyone updated, ...
2
3 > FYI, the new 13.0 profiles are now all available in profiles.desc, for now
4 > all with status "dev" (i.e. repoman includes them only when you request
5 > developer profile checking).
6 >
7 > This means the procedure below is complete up to and including point 5)
8 > now.
9 >
10 > Please consider changing your profile symlink manually and testing the new
11 > profile tree. In case of problems, please file a bug and assign it to me
12 > (or tell me if I'm around).
13 >
14 > If all goes well, we'll continue in a week.
17 A small bug in repoman turned up when testing the EAPI=5 profiles, and
18 therefore we will wait for the next stable portage version before the 10.0
19 profiles are deprecated. So, another 3-4 weeks to go maybe.
20
21 [The only alternative would be to require all devs to run at least ~arch
22 portage, since the bug only affects repoman, not emerge.]
23
24 Cheers,
25 Andreas
29 Andreas K. Huettel