From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New, shiny EAPI=5 profiles: volunteer, procedure, preparations
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 11:27:04
1 El dom, 27-01-2013 a las 00:26 +0100, Andreas K. Huettel escribió:
2 > Just to keep everyone updated, ...
3 >
4 > > FYI, the new 13.0 profiles are now all available in profiles.desc, for now
5 > > all with status "dev" (i.e. repoman includes them only when you request
6 > > developer profile checking).
7 > >
8 > > This means the procedure below is complete up to and including point 5)
9 > > now.
10 > >
11 > > Please consider changing your profile symlink manually and testing the new
12 > > profile tree. In case of problems, please file a bug and assign it to me
13 > > (or tell me if I'm around).
14 > >
15 > > If all goes well, we'll continue in a week.
18 > A small bug in repoman turned up when testing the EAPI=5 profiles, and
19 > therefore we will wait for the next stable portage version before the 10.0
20 > profiles are deprecated. So, another 3-4 weeks to go maybe.
21 >
22 > [The only alternative would be to require all devs to run at least ~arch
23 > portage, since the bug only affects repoman, not emerge.]
24 >
25 > Cheers,
26 > Andreas
29 Maybe other option would be to have a portage version like current
30 stable + repoman fix and fast stabilize as soon as possible