From: "Alin Năstac" <mrness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] sqlite/sqlite3 useflag inconsistency
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 06:39:13
1 Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Alin Năstac kirjoitti:
3 >> Petteri Räty wrote:
4 >>> Benedikt Morbach kirjoitti:
5 >>>>
6 >>>> In my humble opinion it would be nice to have a greater degree of
7 >>>> control by separating this into two useflags, sqlite2 and sqlite3,
8 >>>> just like e.g. qt3 and qt4
9 >>>>
10 >>>
11 >>> Probably. Even better would be to get rid of sqlite2 but that
12 >>> probably doesn't happen any time soon.
13 >>
14 >> I understood this will be the case, so I removed sqlite2 support from
15 >> mail-filter/dspam even though it could support both versions.
18 > If a program supports both then go with sqlite3. The things is that
19 > there are sqlite2 only things left. I don't have much interest in
20 > sqlite2.
23 If a program supports only sqlite2, shouldn't "sqlite? (
24 =dev-db/sqlite-2* )" be used as dependency atom?