From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] sqlite/sqlite3 useflag inconsistency
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:52:40
1 Alin Năstac kirjoitti:
2 > Petteri Räty wrote:
3 >> Alin Năstac kirjoitti:
4 >>> Petteri Räty wrote:
5 >>>> Benedikt Morbach kirjoitti:
6 >>>>> In my humble opinion it would be nice to have a greater degree of
7 >>>>> control by separating this into two useflags, sqlite2 and sqlite3,
8 >>>>> just like e.g. qt3 and qt4
9 >>>>>
10 >>>> Probably. Even better would be to get rid of sqlite2 but that
11 >>>> probably doesn't happen any time soon.
12 >>> I understood this will be the case, so I removed sqlite2 support from
13 >>> mail-filter/dspam even though it could support both versions.
14 >>>
15 >> If a program supports both then go with sqlite3. The things is that
16 >> there are sqlite2 only things left. I don't have much interest in
17 >> sqlite2.
20 > If a program supports only sqlite2, shouldn't "sqlite? (
21 > =dev-db/sqlite-2* )" be used as dependency atom?
24 Yeah. Depending on both slots doesn't work for binary packages for
25 example because the SONAME is different.
26
27 Regards,
28 Petteri