From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 01:24:55
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 18:40:43 -0600
3 > Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o> wrote:
4 >> I have four versions of freetype sitting around that I'd really like
5 >> to get rid of
6 >
7 > And what is the cost of you not getting rid of them? Is there any
8 > particular reason it matters when it's done?
9
10 The general maintenance cost of any ebuild in the tree. If we want to
11 make an external or global change in how the package is built or used,
12 we have to make sure those changes work with all versions in the tree.
16 fonts, by design, by neglect
17 gcc-porting, for a fact or just for effect
18 wxwindows @ gentoo EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list