From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] When will KDE 3.5 be marked as stable?
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 11:53:28
1 On Tuesday 04 April 2006 11:12, Chris Bainbridge wrote:
2 > Surely the question isn't whether the upgrade is perfect, but whether
3 > it's better than the current stable release?
4
5 Exactly.
6
7 > (I realise that isn't a perfect patch count...)
8
9 Exactly.
10
11 > I think at this point it does more harm than good to be lagging behind
12 > the current upstream kde - last time I checked the kde bugzilla
13 > wouldn't even accept bug reports for the kde currently marked stable
14 > as it was too old, and if bugs can't be filed then it's clearly
15 > "unsupported upstream" and time to upgrade.
16
17 KDE 3.5.0/1 had grave bugs, leaving users with lost addressbooks and such. KDE
18 3.5.2 is not even out of our 30 days testing period and I have still a few
19 patches enqueued to be applied. I can live with users complaining, but that
20 doesn't mean it's not going on ones nerve. Especially when developers fall
21 into the chorus, it's getting uneasy.
22
23 It's ready, when it's ready. Really.
26 Carsten