From: Jason Rhinelander <jason@××××××××××××××××.com>
To: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] recent virus mails
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 19:32:29
1 What about setting up something like clamav on the gentoo.org mail
2 server, and just dropping any mail that contains a virus?
3
4 -- Jason Rhinelander
5 -- Gossamer Threads, Inc.
8 Martin Schlemmer wrote:
9 > On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 17:58, Norberto Bensa wrote:
10 >
11 >>antifa@g.o wrote:
12 >>
13 >>>If we didn't have so many homegrown MTA's I'd also suggest blocking
14 >>>anything without a matching PTR record.
15 >>
16 >>:-(
17 >>
18 >>I'm still wondering: which recent virus mails? I didn't get anything.
19 >>Oh, maybe because I'm rejecting .exe, .com, etc. at server level? ;-)
23 > -dev was not really hit as far as I know, but there has been a few to
24 > xfree@g.o (also kernel@ and cluser@ and some others I forgot), and my
25 > own @g.o addy gets a _log_ of virus related spam :/ Besides what
26 > spamassassin filters, I still have about 20-50 that gets through every
27 > day :(
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list