From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Norberto Bensa <norberto+gentoo-dev@×××××××××.cx>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] recent virus mails
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 19:17:05
1 On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 17:58, Norberto Bensa wrote:
2 > antifa@g.o wrote:
3 > > If we didn't have so many homegrown MTA's I'd also suggest blocking
4 > > anything without a matching PTR record.
5 >
6 > :-(
7 >
8 > I'm still wondering: which recent virus mails? I didn't get anything.
9 > Oh, maybe because I'm rejecting .exe, .com, etc. at server level? ;-)
12 -dev was not really hit as far as I know, but there has been a few to
13 xfree@g.o (also kernel@ and cluser@ and some others I forgot), and my
14 own @g.o addy gets a _log_ of virus related spam :/ Besides what
15 spamassassin filters, I still have about 20-50 that gets through every
16 day :(
21 Martin Schlemmer
22 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
23 Cape Town, South Africa